BRAND NEW 2020 MODEL. YOUR MOST TRUSTED EXPEDITION PARTNER
- The Expedition 2 sit-in is the fastest and ultimate touring kayak of the Bay Sports family of sea kayaks.
- It was built for multi-day adventures, speed and capable of long distance paddling.
- Compared to it's younger sibling the Expedition 1, it adds an extra 13cm of length + an extra watertight storage compartment conveniently located directly in front of the cockpit, making this sea kayak the ultimate expedition tourer for weekend getaways and exploring.
Design & Construction
Designed by renowned Swedish kayak designer Björn Thomasson, the Expedition 2 is the longer, faster brother to the Expedition 1, made for adventures great and far.
An extra 13cm of length and 4cm of width gives the Expedition 2 it's position as a true expedition kayak.
It is made with our signature 3-Layer foam core, sandwiched between high-grade UV16 stabilised HDPE, make this kayak lighter and stronger than regular polyethylene construction alone.
A V-shaped hull with hard chine, and little rocker, easily cuts through water whilst deep grooved hull lines provide for excellent tracking.
- The streamlined shape of this kayak is the basis for its speed and steadiness, and with our premium foot-controlled rudder system, makes for easy manoeuvrability even with cross winds or stronger ocean currents.
The build quality is the best in class, with no traces of air bubbles inside the UV stabilised plastic walls, meaning your kayak is superior in durability and won't crack like brittle plastic kayaks prone to air bubbles, due to poor quality control.
Every single Expedition kayak is tested to ensure 3.5mm thickness, drop tested to ensure perfect plastic bond, balance tested for optimal stability, and water tested to ensure perfect seals. So rest assured your kayak will last for years to come.
- 1 x Touring Paddle (2-piece)
- Premium SmartTrack Rudder System with Footrest Steering Controls
- Moulded-In Knee Braces
- Bow & stern trapezoidal storage hatches with sealed bulkheads & Kajak Sport rubber hatch covers.
- 1 x Watertight storage compartments with twist lock cover & nylon liner bag
- Built-in soft touring seat with comfort padding & backrest
- Bow & Stern Carrying Handles
- Bungee deck rigging & reflective perimeter lines
- 316 Stainless Steel hardware throughout
- 4 x criss-cross bungee cord sections for extra storage (dry bags etc)
5 Year Warranty
Bay Sports are a trusted kayak brand with years of research and development, so assurance of quality is of absolute importance. We are so confident in the build quality that all our kayaks come with a full 5 year warranty & 5 year UV resistance rating.
30 Day Money Back Policy
There are few kayaks on the market that can match the quality of our kayaks. Therefore at Bay Sports we paddle what we preach; We offer a 30 day money back guarantee on all our kayaks so long as its returned in ‘as new’ condition.
Maximum weight capacity: 155kg
Cockpit size: 87cm (L) x 44cm (W)
Oval Hatch Cover: 47cm long x 29cm wide x 3cm high (UV stabilised rubber)
Circular Hatch Cover: 25cm long x 29cm wide x 3cm high (UV stabilised rubber)
Colours available: See above.
Delivery Pricing & Information
Sydney Metro (1-2 business days) - $69
NSW, ACT, QLD, VIC* (2-3 business days) - $175
SA & CENTRAL QLD* Hervey Bay & Above (3-5 business days) - $199
TAS & NT* (4-7 business days) - $299
WA Perth Metro* (2-3 business days) - $175
WA* inc Mandurah, Bunbury, Esperance, Kalgoorlie, Newman, Carnarvon Areas (4-6 business days) - $269
Rest of WA* Excluding Exmouth (6-10 business days) - $299
*Commercial Address / Local Depot Pick Up
For a faster delivery, due to the size of this item it must be delivered to a business/commercial address, or your local transport depot for collection. Simply put the business/commercial address in the Shipping Address field at checkout. Otherwise you can find your local depot location here. (All transit times are an estimates only and not guaranteed).
We can deliver to a residential address with our private kayak couriers. The delivery time depends on their run schedule, but usually within 1-2 weeks of placing your order. If you don't need your order delivered urgently and need to have it delivered to your residential premise, simply put your address in the Shipping Address field at checkout.
Peace of Mind
Your new kayak comes professionally packaged, well protected for transport to your doorstep. We only use reputable couriers, who are reliable and usually fast to deliver. We will email you tracking details to trace your delivery, which is fully insured for damage/loss during transit.