Yellow & White/Green in stock
ALL OTHER COLOURS STOCK DUE LATE MAY - ON PRE ORDER
The Expedition 1 sit-in sea kayak is in the speed/performance of the Bay Sports family of t
ouring kayaks. At 17cm longer and 1cm narrower than its younger sibling the Expedition Zero
, it is a faster and more streamlined design built for effortless glide, distance paddling and speed.
Design & Construction:
- Designed by renowned Swedish kayak designer Björn Thomasson, the V-shaped hull with hard chine, and little rocker, easily cuts through water effortlessly whilst allowing the Expedition 1 to have excellent tracking properties (paddle in a straight line).
- It's made with our signature 3-Layer foam core, sandwiched between high-grade UV stabilised HDPE, make this kayak lighter and stronger than regular polyethylene construction alone.
- The aqua-dynamic shape of this kayak is the basis for its speed and stability, and paired with our premium foot-controlled rudder system, it makes for easy manoeuvrability even with cross winds or stronger ocean currents.
- With enough storage capacity for a day or twos worth of gear, this kayak is great for weekend getaways and exploring.
The build quality is the best in class, with no traces of air bubbles inside the UV stabilised plastic walls, meaning your kayak is superior in durability and won't crack like brittle plastic kayaks prone to air bubbles, due to poor quality control. Every single Expedition kayak is tested to ensure 3.5mm thickness, drop tested to ensure perfect plastic bond, balance tested for optimal stability, and water tested to ensure perfect seals.
- 1 x Touring Paddle
- Premium Rudder System with Upgraded Footrest Steering Controls
- Comfortable & adjustable Knee Bracing
- Bow & stern storage hatches with sealed bulkheads and EPDM rubber hatch covers
- 2 x Watertight storage compartment with twist lock cover & a nylon liner bag
- Built-in soft touring seat with comfort padding & backrest
- Bow & Stern Carrying Handles
- Mesh bag for deck storage
- Bungee deck rigging & reflective perimeter lines
- 316 Stainless Steel hardware throughout
"I run a sea kayaking business in Melbourne so I was keen to purchase an Expedition 1 single kayak and try it out. I have had it for 4 months and so far so good. It has good speed, rudder controls are great (foot peddles are fixed but pivot to turn left and right). Storage is good for overnight but perhaps not huge space if you go for more than 3 days. I am 6 foot 3 so that is probably the max height or leg length for this kayak. Service is great."
5 Year Warranty - Replacement Guarantee
Bay Sports are a trusted kayak brand with years of research and development, so assurance of quality is of absolute importance. We are so confident in the build quality that all our kayaks come with a full 5 year warranty & 5 year UV resistance rating.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
There are few kayaks on the market that can match the quality of our kayaks. Therefore at Bay Sports we paddle what we preach; We offer a 30 day money back guarantee on all our kayaks so long as its returned in ‘as new’ condition.
Maximum weight capacity: 147kg
Cockpit size: 84cm (L) x 42cm (W)
Colours available: See above.
NSW, ACT, QLD, VIC (1-3 business days) - $169
FAR NTH QLD (2-4 business days) - $199
SA (2-3 business days) - $199
WA, TAS, NT (4-6 business days) - $299
- Our capped price delivery means you get your kayak delivered to your doorstep in a matter of days, at the lowest rates available.
- We ship nationwide daily, and your kayak comes professionally bubble wrapped, and is only transported by reputable couriers.
- Tracking details are provided so you can track your delivery online.