Australia's Favourite 2-Person Touring Kayak!
Excellent Glide. Good Stability. Amazing Value.
If you’re looking for a kayak that’s easy to use, stable, tracks well in the water, and is ready for adventure, then the Hug is the kayak of choice. Perhaps you've been considering the Mission Contour 490? Well you'll be glad you came across the Hug!
- With a spacious cockpit design and its focus on comfort, speed and stability, the Hug is an ideal two seater ocean kayak.
- Given its rounded, 'torpedo' hull design, paired with a foot-controlled rudder system, the Hug is able to glide effortlessly through the water.
- The design also allows for solo paddling via the rear seat which is a credit to the design team.
Surprisingly stable, makes it an ideal touring sea kayak for beginners new to kayaking.
It's tracking properties are excellent even in windy conditions or in strong currents, thanks to it's deep blade rudder system.
- It's versatility allows for cruising, fishing, camping, or just having fun exploring.
Given its price point and build quality, it's no wonder this kayak is Australia's best value 2-person touring kayak and the choice of many Kayaking Clubs.
- 2 x 2-piece Touring Paddles
- Rudder with adjustable footrest steering system
- 2 x large storage hatches (bow & stern) rubber covers and sealed bulkheads
- 1 x 8" watertight twist lock hatch with inner nylon bag
- Built-in comfort touring seats with padding and backrest
- Bow & stern carry handles
- Deck rigging with Reflective Material (glows when distant light shines on it)
- Deck ball and cord to release plus lift up the rudder when seated in the kayak.
- Bungee cord on deck for extra storage (for dry bags etc)
L: 5.2mtrs; W:0.7mtrs; H:0.35mtrs
Maximum weight capacity: 210kg
Hatch and Cockpit Area Sizes:
- Front hatch 45cm x 26cm,
- Front cockpit 90cm x 50cm,
- Rear back hatch 45cm x 26cm
- Rear cockpit 90cm x 47cm
- Front seat: The length between the backrest and the closest footrest pedal is 75cm whilst the furthest forward position of the footrest pedal is 105cm (thus a 30cm extension on the sliding rail).
- The length between the back seat backrest and the closest footrest pedal is 95cm whilst the further forward position of the footrest pedal is 125cm (thus a 30cm extension on the sliding rail).
Wanting a tandem touring kayak, but almost 50% lighter? Look at the 2021 Air Glide 473 Inflatable kayak. Only 20 kgs and incredibly rigid thanks to it being 100% Drop-Stitch construction.
Kayak Model Comparison Guide
Compare the features and specifications of all Bay Sports range of Sit-In kayaks on one easy to read page.
Click here to view
5 Year Warranty
Bay Sports are a trusted kayak brand with years of research and development, so assurance of quality is of absolute importance. We are so confident in the build quality that all our kayaks come with a full 5 year warranty & 5 year UV resistance rating.
30 Day Money Back Policy
There are few kayaks on the market that can match the quality of our kayaks. Therefore at Bay Sports we paddle what we preach; We offer a 30 day money back guarantee on all our kayaks so long as its returned in ‘as new’ condition.
Delivery Pricing & Information
Capped Price Delivery Service
Our extensive network of specialist couriers means we can deliver kayaks anywhere in Australia! Under our Capped Price Delivery Service you can relax knowing your delivery price is capped, so no matter where you live, you won't pay anymore than these low prices we have negotiated:
NSW, ACT, QLD, VIC - Metropolitan within 75 kms (2-3 business days) - $69
NSW, ACT, QLD, VIC - Outside of Metropolitan (3-5 business days) - $175
SA & CENTRAL QLD - Hervey Bay & Above (3-5 business days) - $199
WA Perth Metro (2-3 business days) - $175
WA Mandurah, Bunbury, Esperance, Kalgoorlie, Newman, Carnarvon Areas (7-10 business days) - $269
TAS, NT, WA excluding Exmouth (6-10 business days) - $299
Commercial Address / Local Depot Pick Up
For a faster delivery, please put a business/commercial address or alternatively you can collect from your nearest transport depot. Simply put the business/commercial address in the Shipping Address field at checkout or write Local Depot in the Notes to Seller section at checkout. You can find your local depot location here. (All transit times are an estimates only and not guaranteed).
Yes we can absolutely deliver to any residential address with our private kayak couriers. The delivery time depends on their run schedule, but usually within 7-10 business days of placing your order. If you don't need your order delivered urgently and would prefer to have it delivered to your residential premise, simply put your address in the Shipping Address field at checkout.
Peace of Mind
Your new kayak comes professionally packaged, well protected for transport to your doorstep. We only use reputable couriers, who are reliable and usually fast to deliver. We will email you tracking details to trace your delivery, which is fully insured for damage/loss during transit.
Click here to download the Bay Sports Kayak User Guide