Australia's best value family kayak!
The Explorer Family is a 3.4m sit on top style kayak, made for families to take 2 adults and 2 children recreational kayaking. Thanks to its width, it is amazingly stable and has a tapered nose to cut through the water for a nice cruising speed. It is ideal for the family who value stability over speed, and want to cruise around the harbour, lakes, riverways etc.
A roomy cockpit with several grooved foot positions for ultimate comfort, no matter who sits in which seat.
Super stable: 84cm of width means you'll be hard pressed to tip this kayak over, even if the kids lean over to watch the fishies beneath.
- An excellent all-rounder family kayak suitable for people of all ages and all kayaking levels.
Front T-Handle - fitted to the front of the kayak allowing the young one to hold on whilst you do the paddling
- Two adjustable backrests for back support.
Rear storage area for keeping all your gear in a dry bag, and secure with a bungee cord.
Moulded-in side handles are durable and used for transporting to and from the water, made easier with the assistance of a kayak trolley
Multiple moulded-in footrest positions are ideal as your kids grow taller, for comfortable foot placement
Kids seating areas: Suitable for kids aged 5+ and up to 60 kgs in weight (kids and teenagers)
Build & Construction
- This kayak is constructed of blow-molded high-density polyethylene (HDPE) which makes it durable, UV-protected, and impact resistant.
- A lifted bow ensures that it turns quickly and easily punches through boat wash, waves and choppy water.
- Every single kayak is tested to ensure 3.5mm thickness, drop tested to ensure perfect plastic bond.
- Balance tested for optimal stability.
- Water tested to ensure perfect seals.
- So rest assured your kayak will last for years to come - guarantee with a 5 year product warranty.
- 2 x Adults 2-piece paddles
- 1 x T-Grab handle for child to hold onto
- 2 x Built-in backrest
- 1 x Water Bottle holder
- Bow & Stern Moulded-In Carry handles
- 2 x Drain plug
- 1 x Rear storage area with bungee cord to secure your gear e.g. Dry Bag
- Spare parts are available such as toggle handles and scupper plugs should they lose or break them.
Kids Paddle - Get them keen on paddling with their very own lightweight childs kayak paddle
Kayak Car Cradles Kit - Transport your kayak with these protective padded cradle kit, secure and padded protection for your hull.
5 Year Warranty
Bay Sports are a trusted kayak brand with years of research and development, so assurance of quality is of absolute importance. We are so confident in the build quality that all our kayaks come with a full 5 year warranty & 5 year UV resistance rating.
30 Day Money Back Policy
There are few kayaks on the market that can match the quality of our kayaks. Therefore at Bay Sports we paddle what we preach; We offer a 30 day money back guarantee on all our kayaks so long as its returned in ‘as new’ condition.
Maximum weight capacity: 220 kgs
Construction material: Blow-moulded High Density Polyethylene
Available colours: Blue, Orange.
Please refer directly to our page about Pick up, Shipping & Delivery.
Click here to download the Bay Sports Kayak User Guide