With only a few months left until Christmas, we want to make sure you get your pre-orders in time for the big day. Adventurers can be the hardest people to buy gifts for. But, don’t panic, we’ve got loads of Christmas gift ideas picked out by our highly trained specialists to ensure that your gift will go down a treat.
We really do have something for everyone, whether they like spending time on rivers in their kayak, or spending a night under the stars, they won't be disappointed when you surprise them with something from our 2021 gift guide.
Plus, who doesn't want to see them out for a paddle on Christmas morning wearing a Santa hat playing with their new toy?
For the SUP’er
The 10’6” Explore has been updated for 2022. Our most popular, best-selling inflatable SUP combines excellent stability and effortless glide on the water.
This all-rounder SUP is designed for all skills levels from beginner to paddleboard enthusiasts. Unpacking and inflating only takes a few minutes, so they’ll be able to hit the water on Christmas Day with minimal delay.
With 250L of volume, this board can easily handle a family of up to 150kg weight capacity, or an individual paddler up to 120kg while only weighing 7.9kg.
Updates to the 2022 model include:
- Four D-rings so you can attach a kayak seat, making it a 2-in-1 SUP kayak.
- Four detachable carry handles – great for kids!
- Larger, premium quality wheeled backpack with internal securing buckle strap, to prevent your board unravelling while you’re packing away.
- Fibreglass SUP paddle quality, providing less flex and extra paddle power.
- Stainless steel D-rings for towing and attaching your gear.
- Neoprene grab handle at the nose, so two people can easily carry the board.
"Baysports 10’6’’ Explore is a fantastic quality SUP at a really great price. It is possibly the least expensive 5” SUP on the market today.”
- The SUP Board Guide Magazine Review (March 2020)
If the great quality SUP isn’t enough, this board comes in a package with all the high-quality accessories they need to hit the water on Christmas day:
- New Helios Triple-Action hand pump with dual-cylinder chambers
- 9” click in “tool-less” centre fin and two moulded side fins – no screws required!
- US AIR7 Fin Box – compatible with FCS Connect II Fin System
- 3-piece lightweight fibreglass nylon SUP paddle (750 grams)
- 10’ coil leash – for no leash drag in the water
- Wheeled backpack – weatherproof ballistic-weave nylon with comfort padded shoulder straps
- One repair kit
- SUP User Guide
- Industry-leading three-year product warranty.
For the beginner kayaker
Is there someone on your shopping list who has been renting kayaks for a while? Make their year by buying them a Neptune sit on kayak.
At only 18kg, The Neptune is our lightest, smaller-sized entry-level kayak. It’s great for the beach, or paddling solo on a harbour, river or lake. Due to its size, it’s also perfect for taking on boats.
Because of the width compared to its length, The Neptune is very stable. Its slim profile and compact size also allows for easy handling, and is perfect for those with limited space to store their kayak.
“Very happy with my purchase. This is a great little kayak, easy to transport, not too heavy and easy to manage so I tend to use it frequently and can get it onto my roof racks without much trouble.” – Darren R.
Even with this entry-level kayak, you still get high-quality accessories. So, it won’t just be a kayak they’re unwrapping on Christmas Day:
- One lightweight aluminium paddle
- One standard kayak backrest
- Bow, stern and side handles
- Two waterproof twist lock hatch covers
- Drain plug
- Deck bungee cord.
For the family who camps together
If you’re looking for a family Christmas gift, then look no further than our Luxury Canvas Bell Tent.
Tried and tested by the Bay Sports Team, our luxury 3, 4, 5 & 6 meter canvas bell tent is perfect for all occasions. We have all the sizes covered. Camping, festivals, or just some extra room at your place... you name it!
Our Bell Tents have PVC zippable ground sheets, doors and windows, all with integrated mesh fly screen covers, and with durable double stitching.
The double-stitched seams mean this is a durable tent that’ll provide years of enjoyment for you and your family.
“We purchased this canvas bell tent for our family Christmas present. Once I watched a video on how to assemble it was much easier than I thought. We all love it. Plenty of room for our family of five. Definitely would recommend.” – Kristy O.
Our tents also pack into a small carry bag, and take fewer than 10-15 mins to set up and pack down. This can even be done by one person!
When fully assembled, the Bell Tent provides a waterproof seal, keeping you snug, warm and dry if you encounter undesirable weather conditions.
The perfect Christmas present for all the family.
For the one who has it all
There’s always that person on your list who is impossible to buy for because they already have it all!
For them, our Wood Look Air Pontoon might be just the ticket. This 100% drop-stitch inflatable pontoon can transform your boating experience by expanding the usable lounging area and doubling up as the perfect swimming platform.
Relaxing on one of our pontoons feels like reclining on a cloud – it will delight even the fussiest on your Christmas list. And it’s even available in 6 size configurations!
Our pontoons are perfect for:
- Private swimming pontoon for the family
- Floating party on the water
- Yacht duckboard extension
- Wakeboard/ski platform
- Maintenance platform for yachts
- Yoga on the water
- Super large pool float.
If you’re looking to buy a gift for someone who already has a pontoon, then there are a number of compatible accessories also available:
- Foldable 100% Stainless Steel Ladder – makes getting out of the water a breeze.
- Our high-quality shade umbrella protects you and your guests from the hot sun.
- Inflatable fenders mean you can attach multiple pontoons together with their clever modular design. They also protect the edges of the pontoon from abrasive surfaces or the side of your boat.
For their stocking – 5 smaller gift ideas
If you’re looking for a smaller present or two for the water baby on your present list, check out our stocking filler ideas:
- Kayak paddle saver/leash – premium: Don’t get stuck up the creek without a paddle as the saying goes! The Premium Kayak Paddle Saver Leash keeps your paddle close at all times. Just clip it on and forget about losing your paddle.
- Neoprene Paddle Gloves: Sea to Summit Paddle gloves are great for keeping your hands away from the harsh elements. These articulated neoprene paddle gloves have pre-bent fingers to help maintain grip on your paddle. They will keep your hands warm and the neoprene will reduce the chance of getting blisters. Great for colder climates or all year-round paddling.
Paddle gloves are a great way to protect your hands from the elements
- Smart Sail for Kayak or SUP: A great addition for long distance paddlers. The Bay Sports Portable Smart Sail for Kayaks & SUPs has a compact and foldable design and is made with a durable construction that is easy to set up and quick to deploy whilst on the move. Harness the wind and let it work with you, not against you.
- LED Tent Pole Light: The LED Bell Tent Pole Light clamps securely around the centre pole of any bell tent to provide warm white light throughout your tent. It has spring loaded pressure clamps which adjust to fit the tent poles.
- Big River 8L Dry Bag: The Big River 8L Waterproof Dry Bag by Sea to Summit is Super strong and abrasion resistant. This non-PVC mid-weight dry bag has space saving low profile Hypalon® lash loops on the sides for secure stacking and a roll-resistant oval shape. A great choice for rugged water sports like kayaking, canoeing and rafting.
Still need ideas?
- Looking for a family kayak? Read our guide to the top 8 family kayaks in 2021
- Trying to decide on an all-round paddle board? Fulfil your paddle potential
- Wanting to accessorise? Learn about our must-have paddle board accessories.