The Quest 556 Superlite is a speedy, lightweight, tandem kayak with stable hull and is comfortable for new and experienced paddlers.
We have developed the cockpits to accommodate paddlers of all sizes. The outstanding comfort of the Quest 556 is excellent for an afternoon cruise or a multiday trip. It is not only incredibly stable – ideal for fishing, photography and wildlife viewing – but has a long waterline length, astounding volume, “dry ride” and comfort.
ABS thermoformed plastic kayaks are better than regular polyethylene as the acrylic surface of a thermoformed kayak is harder and more scratch-resistant than polyethylene.
These type of kayaks are typically 20-30% lighter than regular polyethylene kayaks.
This will be your new favourite kayak for many years to come!
Bow & Stern storage compartments with bulkheads
Central bulkhead behind front cockpit
Deck storage with bungees
- Soft Chined Hull
Flex4 Seating System with adjustable back support and padded seat
Thermoformed ABS construction
Foot Controlled Rudder system - makes this kayak track well whilst giving you excellent manoeuvrability
- Grab Handles for easy transportation
What is ABS thermoformed plastic?
- ABS thermoformed plastic kayaks are better than regular polyethylene as the acrylic surface of a thermoformed kayak is harder and more scratch-resistant than polyethylene.
- These type of kayaks are typically 20-30% lighter than regular polyethylene kayaks.
- These types of kayaks are easier to repair, lightweight, easy on the eye and are UV resistant.
- ABS thermoformed are associated with having more "glide" in water making it ideal for longer distance paddlers.
Delivery Pricing & Information
Please refer directly to our page about Pick up, Shipping & Delivery.
Design & Construction
- These ABS thermoformed plastic kayaks are lighter than regular polyethylene kayaks making them super popular thanks to their lightweight form.
Soft chine hull design with long waterline length makes a great beginner to intermediate kayak.
Central bulkhead to provide safety
- Flex4 Seating System with adjustable back support and padded seat so you stay comfortable
- 2 x Bungee rigging bow and stern
- 2 x Retractable handles carry bow and stern
- 2 x Flex4 seating system
- 2 x Hatch lids bow and stern
5 year Warranty
Bay Sports are a trusted kayak brand with years of research and development, so assurance of quality is of absolute importance. We are so confident in the build quality that all our kayaks come with a full 5-year warranty & 5 year UV resistance rating.
30 Day Money Back Policy
There are few kayaks on the market that can match the quality of our kayaks. Therefore at Bay Sports we paddle what we preach; We offer a 30 day money back guarantee on all our kayaks so long as its returned in ‘as new’ condition.
Length: 5.48m (5.56m
/ 17'12" with rudder)
Width: 0.77m / 30"
Weight: 39 kg / 86 lbs
Maximum weight capacity: 249 kg / 549 lbs
Colours available: See above.
Inner cockpit length: Length 0.97m / 38" X Width 0.46m / 18"
Outer cockpit length: Length 1.04m / 41" X Width 0.54m / 21"