The Quest 518 Superlite is the perfect kayak for small paddlers with its narrow beam, low deck height, and light carry weight. The ABS plastic creates a super ultralight kayak that is easy transport and carrying for paddlers who are medium to heavier sized paddlers with its 158 kg weight capacity.
The Quest 518 Superlite ticks all the boxes including durability and comfort that's flexible for you. The premium comfort seat provides you with excellent support for all-day paddling and is adjustable (forward and back) so you can find your perfect seating position.
ABS thermoformed plastic kayaks are better than regular polyethylene as the acrylic surface of a thermoformed kayak is harder and more scratch-resistant than polyethylene. These type of kayaks are typically 20-30% lighter than regular polyethylene kayaks.
Flex seating system - allows you to slide the seat forward or back up to 10cm for perfect seat positioning.
Retractable handles carry bow and stern - makes carrying your kayak a breeze
Foot Controlled Rudder system - makes this kayak track well whilst giving you excellent manoeuvrability
VCP-style hatch lids bow and stern - for watertight storage to keep your gear dry
- Rigid screw-on lid for day pod
Bungee rigging bow and stern - to keep your dry bags secure on top of the deck
Reflective perimeter line - provides you attachment points whilst also doubling as safety so boats can see you at sunrise and sunset when light is low.
What is ABS thermoformed plastic?
ABS thermoformed plastic kayaks are better than regular polyethylene as the acrylic surface of a thermoformed kayak is harder and more scratch-resistant than polyethylene.
- These type of kayaks are typically 20-30% lighter than regular polyethylene kayaks.
- These types of kayaks are easier to repair, lightweight, easy on the eye and are UV resistant.
- ABS thermoformed are associated with having more "glide" in water making it ideal for longer distance paddlers.
Delivery Pricing & Information
Please refer directly to our page about Pick up, Shipping & Delivery.
Design & Construction
To make up for the lack of thigh-braces, the Quest 518 Superlite includes a Flex Seating System which allows you to slide the seat forward or back approximately 10cm.
- The seat is easily adjusted on the water and includes a backrest that is raised and lowered incrementally to find the perfect spot.
- With a width of 0.53m, small-sized paddlers are guaranteed a perfect fit for superior hip control and secure bracing.
- With sharp lines and multi-chined sides, the Quest 475 features a forgiving hull that edges confidently.
- These ABS thermoformed plastic kayaks are lighter than regular polyethylene kayaks making them super popular thanks to their lightweight form.
- 1 x Flex seating system
- 2 x Retractable handles carry bow and stern
- 1 x Rudder system
- 1 x VCP-style hatch lids bow and stern
- 1 x Rigid screw-on lid for day pod
- 1 x Bungee rigging bow and stern
- 1 x Reflective perimeter line
Bay Sports are a trusted kayak brand with years of research and development, so assurance of quality is of absolute importance. We are so confident in the build quality that all our kayaks come with a full 5 year warranty & 5 year UV resistance rating.
30 Day Money Back Policy
There are few kayaks on the market that can match the quality of our kayaks. Therefore at Bay Sports we paddle what we preach; We offer a 30 day money back guarantee on all our kayaks so long as its returned in ‘as new’ condition.
Construction Material: ABS Thermoformed (Cross-Lite)
Length: 5.18m / 16'12"
Width: 0.61m / 24"
Weight: 27.5 kgs / 61 lbs
Maximum weight capacity: 158 kg / 348 lbs
Colours available: See above.
Inner cockpit length: Length 0.81m / 31" X Width 0.42m / 17"
Outer cockpit length: Length 0.90m / 35" X Width 0.51m / 20"