1 x Yellow left in stock $798 (save $400) including 2-piece paddle.
The Otium 2 sit-in is the ultimate touring kayak of the Bay Sports family of sea kayaks. The Otium 2 was built for long distance paddling and capable of multi-day trips. It has a watertight storage compartment conveniently located directly in front of the cockpit, plus an additional 15cm twist-lock hatch, making this sea kayak the ultimate expedition tourer for weekend getaways and exploring.
Design & Construction
The Otium 2 is a fast cruising kayak designed for adventures great and far.
- It's quality construction with 3-layer foam core construction, sandwiched between high-grade UV stabilised HDPE, ensure this is a kayak that you will enjoy paddling for years to come.
- This V-shaped hull with hard chine, and little rocker, easily cuts through water whilst deep grooved hull lines provide for excellent tracking.
- The streamlined shape of this kayak is the basis for its speed and steadiness, and with a foot controlled rudder system, makes for easy manoeuvrability even with cross winds or stronger ocean currents.
The build quality is the best in class, with no traces of air bubbles inside the UV stabilised plastic walls, meaning your kayak is superior in durability and won't crack like brittle plastic kayaks prone to air bubbles, due to poor quality control. Every single Otium kayak is tested to ensure 3.5mm thickness, drop tested to ensure perfect plastic bond, balance tested for optimal stability, and water tested to ensure perfect seals. So rest assured your kayak will last for years to come.
- 1 x Touring Paddle
- Premium Rudder System with Upgraded Footrest Steering Controls
- Adjustable Knee Bracing
- Bow & stern trapezoidal storage hatches with sealed bulkheads, rubber hatch covers made by EPDM rubber.
- 2 x Watertight storage compartments with twist lock cover & a nylon liner bag
- Built-in soft touring seat with comfort padding & backrest
- Bow & Stern Carrying Handles
- Bungee deck rigging & reflective perimeter lines
- Stainless Steel hardware throughout
I run a sea kayaking business in Melbourne so I was keen to purchase an Otium single Kayak and try it out. I have had it for 4 months and so far so good. It has good speed, rudder controls are great (foot peddles are fixed but pivot to turn left and right). Storage is good for overnight but perhaps not huge space if you go for more than 3 days. I am 6 foot 3 so that is probably the max height or leg length for this kayak. Service is great.
5 Year Warranty - Replacement Guarantee
Bay Sports are a trusted kayak brand with years of research and development, assurance of quality is of absolute importance. We are so confident in the build quality that all our kayaks come with a full 5 year warranty & 5 year UV resistance rating.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
There are few kayaks on the market that can match the quality of our kayaks. Therefore at Bay Sports we paddle what we preach; We offer a 30 day money back guarantee on all our kayaks so long as its returned in ‘as new’ condition.
L: 5.11mtrs W: 0.59mtrs H: 0.41mtrs
Maximum weight capacity: 157kg
Colours available: See below.
|Cockpit Length (cm)
||Cockpit Width (cm)
||Cockpit Depth (cm)
Front Dry Hatch (m³)
Middle Dry Hatch (m³)
Rear Dry Hatch (m³)
KAYAK DELIVERY PRICES:
NSW, ACT, QLD, VIC (1-3 business days) - $169
CENTRAL QLD & ABOVE (2-4 business days) - $199
SA (2-3 business days) - $199
WA, TAS, NT (4-6 business days) - $299
- Your new kayak comes professionally packaged, well protected for transport to your doorstep.
- We only use reputable couriers, who are reliable and fast to deliver.
- We will email you tracking details to trace your delivery, which is fully insured for damage/loss during transit.